On March 14th, LWSD deputy superintendent, Dr. Jon Holmen, talked about the Capital Projects Levy coming up at our Peter Kirk PTSA General Meeting. We discussed how this levy directly impacts Peter Kirk families and the community with regards to needed expansions at the middle school and high school.
After the discussion, the Peter Kirk PTSA general membership voted to endorse and support the LWSD Capital Projects Levy on the April 23rd ballot! So we would ask that you
The levy will address immediate capacity needs and district-wide safety measures. If passed, the levy authorizes a six-year levy totaling $120 million or an average of $20 million per year for six years. It would maintain the 2019 LWSD tax rate with no tax increase.
The levy will have a direct impact on our community, including additional classroom space at Kirkland Middle School and an addition onto Lake Washington High School. In addition, there will be additional safety projects across the district.
How can you help get the levy passed?
- Doorbelling with the Lake Washington Citizens Levy Committee on March 30th from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Kids welcome!
- Phone/Text Banking with the PTSA (Wednesday, March 27: 4:30-7:30, Tuesday, April 2: 4:30-7:30, Monday, April 15: 4:30-7:30) at the LWEA office in Kirkland. Sign up here.
- Sign waving before and after school at the corner of 6th & Central on April 16th. Kids welcome! Wear red.
- Talk to your friends and neighbors about the levy and urge them to vote YES.
- Turn in your ballot by April 23rd.